Herbal Teas – not just a beverage!
I have recently made up a new batch of my beautiful organic tea blends. I always love making these up and when I open the package, it is wonderful to smell the freshness and see the beautiful quality of the herbs. Well dried organic herbs retain all the essential oils and other components that go into making a quality medicinal strength tea. Once you have tried these teas – you will find it hard to go back to tea bags!
These are available from the clinic and cost $8.50 per 50g packet. Or online here.
Available herbal tea blends:
- Lung & Cough Tea – a beautiful and great tasting blend of marshmallow, licorice, hyssop, mullein and thyme
- Respiratory Tea – a delicious and refreshing blend of elder flower, peppermint, hibiscus, rosehip and lemon myrtle
- Lactation Tea – a blend just for nursing mothers – with nettle, goat’s rue, aniseed, fennel and blessed thistle
- Digestive Tea – my favourite! A fragrant blend of spearmint, chamomile and lemon balm
- Cleansing Tea – a useful and refreshing blend with calendula flowers, peppermint, nettle and dandelion leaf
Single herb teas are also available in the following herbs:
- Raspberry Leaf – traditionally used by pregnant women
- Roasted Dandelion Root – delicious alternative to coffee
- Nettle – rich in minerals and blood tonic
- Chamomile – classic tea for digestion and relaxation
- Peppermint – popular tea for digestion
Nettle (pictured right) is one of my favourite herbs! Much maligned for its powerful sting when you brush against it, it is actually a great medicinal herb. Packed full of minerals and traditionally used as a blood tonic, nettle has a range of actions including antiallergic, antiinflammatory and galactagogue (increases milk in breastfeeding mums).