Paleo Chocolate Walnut Fudge Brownies
These paleo chocolate walnut brownies are a wonderful treat that are super healthy compared to standard brownies that are laden with sugar and refined flours. Being grain free means they can be enjoyed by people following a grain free, paleo and GAPS diet. I often make chocolate and date brownies with an almond meal base, but these just contain coconut flour which makes them extra fudgey and great for people with almond allergies. I like cooking with coconut flour but I find it really does work best with lots of eggs, which lighten the texture. I hope you enjoy these chocolate fudgey treats! Please let me know in the comments section if you have given them a go. 🙂
- 50g coconut flour
- 40g cocoa
- 50g walnuts roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Mix the coconut flour, cocoa and walnuts together in bowl, removing any lumps.
- In separate bowl or in a food processor, beat together the eggs, melted butter, maple syrup, honey and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and beat together until well combined. (Note: the final mixture is meant to be quite runny.)
- Pour into a greased shallow ceramic/glass rectangular dish (approx. 30cm x 18cm).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and cooked through (check skewer comes out clean)
- Allow to cool in dish before cutting into squares.
- Store at room temperature for about 3 days….if they last that long! 🙂